When we bought Soualiga in 2015 her name was Freedom.
Although the name fits our journey, we thought the name to be a bit cheesy. After many names that passed our minds, we eventually named her "Soualiga". This is the ancient name of the island "Sint Maarten" and means "Land of Salt".
As our goal is to enjoy life to the fullest, like the island-life-mentality, we thought this to be a suitable name. Of course it would also be a nice destination to drop our anchor! ;) .
Take a tour through our little home.
We have done an extensive refit to Soualiga since we owned her. below we have noted some major milestones. To get an extensive overview of all work done over the past few years check this link. .
- Compass replaced
- Rear bumper rubber replaced
- Refurbished windlass
- Refurbished all winches
- Starboard toilet replaced for newer Jabsco model
- Refurbished wiring + switchboard
- Refurbished nav station with new vinyl
- Integrated tablet in nav station
- Victron energy BMV 700 battery monitor
- Navtex Meteoman barometer mounted
- Navtex Easy Navtex mounted
- All lights replaced for Nauticled lights
- New YAM Dinghy
- Re-lacquered starboard cabin
- Removed sink starboard cabin, turned into closet
- New 6hp Yamaha dinghy engine
- Rocna Anchor
- 100m galvanized anchor chain
- Stripped and recoated all floorboards
- New main bulkhead due to wood rot near mast (big project)
- New ceilings + lights in both bathrooms
- New coating in Bilge
- New alternator
- New Timing belt
- New Waterpump (raw water + engine)
- Watermaker fitted
- New port toilet
- Vespar marine AIS
- 735 watts Panasonic panels
- Victron energy MPPT controller + MPPT monitor
- Rudder bearing refurbished
- New headliner master cabin
- Garmin 922xs Plotter
- Refurbished headliner starboard cabin
2020 / TO-DO
- Paint sail locker
- Make a new mainsheet cover
- Finish sun shades
Beneteau Oceanis 430 "Soualiga"
Naval architect : Phillipe briand
Keel layed : 1990
Length over all : 12.96
Hull length : 12.60
Hull beam : 4.22
Sail area : 90.4
Light displacement (kg) : 9000
Fuel tank (l) : 200
Fresh water (l) : 540
Water maker (l/h) : 30
Engine power (HP) : 50
Solar and wind production (Wp) : 1285
French category 1 sailboat.
Garmin + Nexus race electronics.
Large fore sail locker and cockpit cockpit lockers.
Large swim platform with fold-away swim ladder and shower.
Heating in all cabins and saloon..
Large skylights in coachroom for incredible brightness and comfort inside.
En suit bathroom with shower, private bathroom for guest cabins.
Master cabin with large double bed, two cabins aft.
OCEANIS 430 :
Comfort and intimacy
The joy of “smooth sailing”, the pleasure of experiencing the sea differently... Aboard the Oceanis 430, these are not promises, they are reality. This sailing boat knows how to be a good host. Through its philosophy, the Oceanis 430 offers you, in all respects, a new concept of happiness at sea.